Calling aspiring song writers in the QNET family, we need your help. We are looking for an awesome theme song to celebrate 15 years of QNET. Through the winning song, we want to inspire, motivate, encourage, touch hearts and change lives. It could be your song.
Start gathering inspiration, humming some tunes, writing down melodies and thinking of some powerful lyrics. Now, visualise this; the winning song will be crowned QNET's Official 15th Anniversary Theme Song and performed infront of 1000s at V-UAE 2013; touching hearts from all over the world. You, the song writer, will receive a gleaming personalised trophy signed by our founders and a grand cash prize of USD 5000.
How to Join:
- Compose an original song (melody + lyrics)
- The song should convey a positive message and illustrate how QNET touches hearts
- Submit your composition to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your Independent Representative ID number, name, contact number
- Song Title
- Song Lyrics (with English translation if the song is in another language)
- A recording of a performance of the song (mp3 file or YouTube link)
- Melody/musical score (optional).
1 August – 31 August 2013
The competition is open to all registered QNET Independent Representatives and employees worldwide.
- USD 5000 CASH
- Your song will be crowned QNET Official 15th Anniversary Theme Song
- A personalised trophy signed by our founders
Terms and Conditions:
1. Competition is only open to registered QNET Independent Representatives and QNET employees.
2. All genres of music will be accepted.
3. Entrants cannot be signed to a record company or have distribution through a record company or its affiliates. Entrants may not enter any song that is owned, wholly or partly, by a publishing company.
4. All entries must be original songs and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but only one name should be designated as the entrant. Entrant shall, by entering, indemnify and at all times keep QNET, its employees, directors, judges of the Competition and sponsors indemnified from and against any third party claims in connection with or arising from copyright infringement or otherwise inconsistent with the foregoing.
5. Entrant may submit as many songs as desired.
6. Winners will be announced on 8 September 2013. QNET will post results on its website and will notify entrants by email that results are posted. Entrant is responsible for providing up-to-date and correct email addresses to QNET. QNET is not responsible for entrant's non-receipt of any QNET emails for any reason, including but not limited to, server or email malfunctions.
7. QNET will use its best efforts to announce the winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays. Winners will be notified by email or phone. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit confirming that winner's song is original and that he/she holds all rights to the song. Failure to sign and return the form within the required time period or provision of false information may result in disqualification and an alternate winner being selected.
8. Entry constitutes permission to use winner and entrants' name, likeness, voice and to modify songs for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation or notification.
9. QNET has the sole right to choose the performer who will sing on the V-CON Stage.
10. Entrant retain all ownership rights to all submitted song.
11. The decisions of QNET and its judges are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms and conditions as established herein.
12. QNET reserves the right to extend the entry deadline.
1. Entries will be screened by a QNET screening committee who will select the finalists. A panel of judges will select the final winners.
2. The judging panel and screening committee consists of QNET representatives and celebrities selected at the sole discretion of QNET.
3. Songs will be judged equally on melody, composition, originality, and lyrics.
4. Lyrics may be in any language but English translations should be provided for non-English Lyrics.
5. Production value and quality of performance will not be considered. Entrant agrees to accept the final decision of QNET and its judges without objection.