Silver has been used in so many industries for hundreds of years. But do you know that silver is also used as a disinfectant because its compounds and ions show a toxic effect on some bacteria, viruses, algae and fungi?
Here are 10 things you might not know about silver and its antibacterial characteristic.
1. The father of modern medicine and ancient Greek physician Hippocrates once wrote that silver possessed beneficial healing and anti-disease properties.
2. The Phoenicians used to store water, wine and vinegar in silver bottles to prevent spoiling.
3. Silver’s antibacterial, preservative and restorative powers can be traced as far back as the ancient Greek and Roman Empires.
4. Prior to antibiotics, Colloidal Silver was used widely in hospitals as a bactericide.
5. Silver water purification filters and tablets are manufactured in Switzerland and used by many national and international airlines to prevent growth of algae and bacteria.
6. The former Soviet Union used silver to sterilise recycled water on their space vehicles.
7. The Swiss use silver filters in homes and offices.
8. Some US cities use silver in the treatment of sewage.
9. In the Japanese workplace, silver is a popular agent in the fight against airborne toxins as well other industrial poisons.
10. Silver is added to clothing to reduce odour and the risk of bacterial and fungal infection.
Now you know that silver is not only used in jewellery but also in other industries. If you’re looking for something that provides thorough cleansing and sanitising of your hands and body, while also ensuring good care for your skin given the realities of living a modern life, why not try BioSilver 22 Gel?
BioSilver 22 Gel cares for your skin and provides assurance that you can adequately and conveniently cleanse yourself and go about the day without being afraid to interact with your environment. Plus, the gel is clear, odourless, non-greasy, contains no alcohol or preservatives, and does not dehydrate the skin.
BioSilver 22 Gel utilises unique SilverSol Technology®, which has antibacterial properties. The technology is scientifically proven and exclusively patented.
Interested in BioSilver 22 Gel? Check it out in your eStore now!
Follow us on Instagram
Error: Access Token for qnetofficial is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.