Got questions about the InShape Toning Belt?
Check out these frequently asked questions to get your answers.
1. The battery is fully charged but after switching the belt on, the vibrate mode is not functioning.
Switch the device off, remove the battery, insert the battery and try again.
2. I can feel the vibration but not the EMS.
Make sure the belt is fastened securely to the surface of your skin.
3. How does the EMS function work on my muscles?
The concept of Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) is to use technologically advanced science that uses very mild electrical current to exercise your muscles. When one performs any exercise, their brain sends a message down the spinal cord through the nerves, innervating all the muscles causing them to contract. With EMS, an outside electrical source stimulates the nerves to send these same signals to your muscle to make them contract. This is achieved by passing electrical currents through electrode pads placed over your abdominal muscles. The current passes through the skin to the nerves in the contact area, stimulating the connecting muscles to contract.
4. My skin is red after using the belt for one session. Is this a problem I should worry about?
Some redness of the skin is normal after your InShape Toning Belt session. This is partly due to an increase in the blood flow under the skin which should fade soon after each session. This is a common occurrence, resembling similar redness created by pressure marks from tight clothing. If you find that the redness is excessive and very prominent, the intensity setting may be too high. Try using the device on a lower intensity setting for a few days. If the problem persists, stop using the toning belt.
Note: Users with sensitive skin may experience an increase in redness in the treated areas.
5. Is EMS safe to use?
The usage of EMS is generally safe for any individual capable of taking normal exercise. The feeling should be more similar to a pleasant tingling sensation than a shock or jolt. However, for first time users, the sensation may feel strange or uncomfortable.
We strongly recommend that you begin by using the lowest intensity of EMS (Mode 1, intensity 1 to 3) and gradually increase the mode and intensity level. Use up to 45 minutes daily.
6. How long can I use the belt per session? Is it okay to use it continuously for one hour?
For your safety, it is advised that you use the belt for a maximum of 15 minutes per session only. You may use it more than once a day, as long as each session does not exceed 15 minutes.
7. When can I see the effect of the InShape toning belt?
While the effect of the belt is subjective and varies from person to person, you can identify the effect approximately after 6 to 8 weeks of correct and regular use in combination with InShape Toning Gel.
8. I have been using InShape Toning Belt for a few weeks now. How come I’m not getting the same results as my friend who has been using it as well?
Again, the effect of InShape Toning Belt may vary between one person and the other. It depends on your body and on how it accepts the effect of the belt.
9. Can I jump straight to Mode 4 (advanced mode) to immediately get better results?
You can, but again, it depends on your body and how it will accept the mode. It is always advisable to go through all the modes in succession.
10. Can I use the InShape Toning Belt on parts of my body other than the abdominal area?
You can use the InShape Toning Belt on any part of your body around which you can wrap it.
11. I can feel the heat on my abdomen but not on the sides.
The FIR mode in the InShape Toning Belt is designed to be limited to the abdominal area (for 4 central PP pads: channel A).
12. Can I use my InShape Toning Belt with regular physical exercise?
We do not recommend using the EMS function simultaneously with your regular physical exercise, but you can use EMS and do your regular exercise separately. You can use VIB and/or FIR with light exercise.
SEE ALSO: FAQ: InShape Toning Belt (Part 2)