Understanding Your Skin
The human skin is an incredible thing. When exposed to the sun, our skin takes sunlight and makes use of it by producing Vitamin D in our body, which in turn helps us develop strong and healthy bones, muscles and maintain good health. Our skin is the largest organ in our body and it primarily helps protect us from microbes and external elements and regulates our body temperature.
The topmost layer of the skin, the epidermis, is subjected to many external factors that cause premature ageing and other skin irregularities and so we should be more mindful about how we take care of our skin.
No matter how cautious you are, your skin takes a beating from the environment as it is always on the front line. However, not all is lost. People come to me every day to ask for my advice on how to reduce, alleviate and even reverse some of the damage on their face. I offer them simple tips on how to choose the right cleanser and why it is important to cleanse your skin.
Choosing the Right Cleanser
A cleanser is a facial care product that is used to remove make-up, dead skin cells, oil, dirt and other types of pollutants from the skin of the face. It helps to unclog pores and alleviate the occurrences of skin conditions such as acne. A cleanser can be used as part of a skin care regimen together with a toner and moisturiser.
Using a cleanser to remove dirt is considered to be a better alternative to a bar soap or any another form of skin cleanser not specifically formulated for the face, for the following reasons:
- Soap bars / cleansers have a high pH level (in the area of 9 to 10) which dries the skin and alters the skin natural pH balance of 5.5 – 5.6. This may lead to bacterial overgrowth, thus increasing the possibility of having clogged pores and an acne breakout.
- These soap bars / cleansers also remove the skin’s natural oil barriers causing water loss and skin dryness. This causes the sebaceous glands to subsequently overproduce oil, a condition known as reactive seborrhoea, which will lead to clogged pores.
Benefits of Physio Radiance Comfort Emulsion Cleanser:
- Non-foaming gentle cleansing emulsion
- Dual cleansing properties – make-up removal and facial cleanser
- High-definition cleanser, removes impurities effectively and refines pores
- Leaves skin clean, soft and refreshed
In the morning
It is important to cleanse your skin every morning to remove impurities, dead skin cells, and excess oil. A morning cleansing routine is also beneficial as it removes any toxins the skin eliminates during the night and refreshes the skin.
Wet face and neck, apply desired amount of Physio Radiance Comfort Emulsion Cleanser on the face and neck, with gentle upward and outward rotaries movement from chin to side of face, around the mouth region, up towards the nose and finish at the forehead. Finally, cleanse the neck region. Rinse face with warm water and a facial sponge. Pat dry face with a facial tissue.
It is important to cleanse your skin every night to remove make-up, impurities, dead skin cells, and excess oil. Physio Radiance Comfort Emulsion Cleanser helps remove eye make-up, even waterproof mascara. While there are particular products specifically formulated for the eye area, the Comfort Emulsion Cleanser is an “all-in-one” cleanser free from artificial fragrance. It is also colour-free to avoid irritating the eye area. If you do not need to remove eye make-up, proceed with the cleansing process.
A healthy skin reflects your true inner beauty and so, we recommend that you consume Kenta and/or EDG3 to bring out your inner glow.