These are extremely common signs of ageing. Take a good look at the mirror – if you’re seeing these signs on your face and you’re only in your 20s or 30s, you should be worried.
Our lifestyles and environment being what it is, soap and water just doesn’t cut it anymore.
5 Reasons For Premature Skin Ageing
1. Exposure to the Sun’s UVA and UVB rays
If you aren’t using sunscreen and take it for granted that you are protected from the sun because you are from a tropical country, you’re going to feel the adverse effects sooner or later. The UV rays of the sun penetrate the deepest layers of our skin, leading to premature ageing.
2. Unhealthy Lifestyle Choices
Smoking, drinking, drugs, over a period of time, breaks down the healthy balance in your body and gives way to an unhealthy appearance. The older you grow, the less capable your body becomes of removing toxins completely.
3. Poor Diet
An unbalanced diet that doesn’t take into account the right balance of nutrients your body requires leads to premature ageing.
SEE ALSO: You Are What You Eat
4. No Exercise
It’s no wonder athletic people look younger than their years. Look at our very own Brand Ambassador Martina Hingis. While our lifestyles don’t promote the hours of activity hers does, adding more steps to your day will make you look younger and give your skin better texture.
A bunch of really cool scientists published a study about something we had already started to suspect – work-related exhaustion is related to the acceleration of biological ageing. However, stress of any kind leads to habits that are detrimental to your body and your overall health.
5 Ways To Avoid Premature Ageing
A simple way to find solutions to premature ageing is to look at the reasons and answer them one by one.
1. Use sunscreen, moisturizers and lotions. If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution, try the DEFY range of products.
SEE ALSO: 4 Ways Handsome Men Start Their Day
2. Wean yourself off from too much alcohol and cigarettes. While you’re at it, check your caffeine consumption as well.
3. Eat healthy and balance your diet with nutritional supplements that helps your body perform at its best. Take advantage of the Absolute Living Ramadan Berkah Promo to stock up on fantastic health and wellness products from QNET.
4. Take up the 10,000 steps challenge and a bit of activity into your day to day routine. Walk to the grocery store instead of taking the car, and climb the stairs instead of taking the elevator.
5. Get some quality sleep in. Don’t just look at your phone till you feel sleepy. Be mindful and make a concentrated effort to stop looking at black screens, meditate for 10 minutes or read a book instead. Getting sufficient rest shows on your skin.
10 hours ago
15 hours ago
1 day ago