As a celebration of her 21st Anniversary, QNET CEO Malou Caluza shared with us the 21 lessons learnt at QNET during her journey. From being a junior customer service officer who went beyond the call of duty to do whatever job was required around the office, including playing the role of a receptionist, to being crowned the first-ever female CEO of this multinational direct selling company, Malou has done it all. With 21 years as a feather in her cap, she reminisces about the past two decades, the friends and family she made along the way, the physical and metaphorical journeys she went on, and most importantly, the lessons she’s learnt at QNET.
Factoid: QNET CEO Malou Caluza celebrates her work anniversary on March 12, the day her life changed forever.
We’ve listed the lessons she’s learnt at QNET for you here, in her own words. Let us know your favourites.
As I celebrate my 21st year in QNET, I’d like to share these 21 important things that I’ve learned from the Founders, Directors, our IRs, and our corporate family. I learnt that:
1. Everyone is born with a purpose. I found mine and understood it well in QNET.
2. You need to find people who will believe in you and will not give up on you. Dato’ Sri Vijay Eswaran and Joseph ‘Japa’ Bismark did that for me. They believed in me more than I believed in myself.
3. Glass ceilings are there to not only be reached, but also broken through. QNET has given and continues to give me amazing opportunities, even when I’ve thought I’ve done everything there is to do.
4. All dreams are valid and we must continue having them. I’ve never in my life thought that I could be where I am today if not for the learnings, the continuous discipline, love, support and motivation that I get by working here.
5. Fear is nothing. Once you’ve learned and realised that you have everything in you to achieve anything and everything you set your mind and heart into, fear is powerless.
6. No matter how bad you think the person or the situation is, there is always good in everyone and everything if you look for it.
7. Unlearning is just as equally critical to learning as the act of learning itself is. We cannot truly learn if we do not know how to unlearn. Also, remember that we can learn from anyone and anything including from a piece of rock.
8. Emptying our cups must be a daily practice. What we don’t know, we don’t know.
9. You really need to make some time for quiet and silent moments so you can think clearly, evaluate yourself and plan ahead. This is very important.
10. We only have today. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, and so we must have a sense of urgency in all the things that we do.
11. It’s only when we love what we do that we are able to accept and appreciate both the success and the challenges that come with it. Make your work your passion.
12. Yes, life is full of challenges but that’s what makes it more exciting. You will never be bored.
13. You will have moments of disbelief, demotivation, complacency, and dissatisfaction. That is completely okay. What truly matters is your ability to pick yourself up again from it.
14. Working in QNET has allowed me to see so many places and meet so many people that changed my life for the better.
15. No matter how far we have become as a company, at QNET we don’t ever forget where we came from and how we got here.
16. Gratitude and humility are essential to our everyday life and work.
17. You have family all over the world. When I had to take a step back from working because of my cancer diagnosis, the amount of love, support and prayers I received was something I will never forget, and will always grateful for.
18. We could only raise and help others once we raised and helped ourselves first. RYTHM – what a powerful mission that has changed my life, and many lives inside and outside QNET.
19. Being in service to others gives you the best life fulfilment and contentment ever.
20. Every day is a new day, a new chance to be better than yesterday. It is okay to make mistakes and learn from them.
21. Working here has given me not only material blessings that have helped my family, myself and many others, but I have also acquired another family that I will forever love and cherish.
For these 21 lessons learnt at QNET, and so many more, I am truly blessed and grateful🙏
Congratulations to our beloved CEO on her milestone work anniversary. We could not be prouder to know her, love her, and have her as our leader. These poignant lessons have given us a lot to think about. They extend to not only our professional lives as direct sellers and entrepreneurs but are also important lessons to carry through to our personal lives. We are so grateful to her for sharing these with us, and giving us a starting place when it comes to prioritising the important things in our lives.
Which of these lessons learnt at QNET resonates with you the most? What are your top 3 lessons that you’d gladly share with your friends and QNET family? Have you learnt any of these yourselves in your journey as a direct seller? Are there any lessons you’d love to share with us and your downlines? Leave us a comment and let us know. We’re waiting to hear from you.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
14 hours ago
2 days ago
3 days ago