One of the primary pieces of advice you’ve received during the Covid-19 pandemic has to do with Coronavirus and water. Whether it is to wash your hands regularly or to drink water regularly, it has become very clear that access to safe water is vital to the spreading of this virus.
We’ve put together all of the global advice regarding Coronavirus and water in one place. We hope that this will help quell any concerns you may have, and help you cut through all the fake news that is being produced and circulated.
Covid-19 and Drinking Water
The World Health Organisation released a brief to water sanitation practitioners in early March that said that Coronavirus cannot be transmitted through water. However, there was enough evidence to show that Covid-19 was not robust enough to survive in less stable environments. They have said that conventional water treatment methods such as filtration should help inactivate the Coronavirus. This is good news for those of you who own a HomePure Nova water filtration system.
1. Make Use Of Your Water Filter
Water filtered through your HomePure Nova system is safe to drink even during the Coronavirus Pandemic. In addition to performing all of the functions of a regular water filter, they are a class apart due to two features:
- HomePure Nova is certified by the Water Quality Association (WQA) for NSF/ANSI P231 and P244, a world-class certification for the removal of 99.9999% of all viruses, bacteria, and cysts.
- Every unit comes with 35+ Ultratech Filter Technology with 6-log reduction, providing maximum reduction of bacteria and viruses – an extra step towards clean and safe drinking water for your well-being.
2. Reduce Your Bottled Water Usage
There is evidence to suggest that a Coronavirus can survive on plastic for up to 9 days. Minimising your reliance on bottled water will minimise your chances of being infected. By investing in a reliable water filter at home, or using the one you have more regularly, you will no longer need to stock up on bottled water.
3. Educate Yourself Against Fake News Regarding Drinking Water
While practising social distancing or self-isolation, it is important to stay hydrated, and set reminders so you can drink water regularly. It is easy to forget when you’re working from home and aren’t out and about. However, the advice to drink water (hot or cold) every 15 minutes as a way to kill off the virus is fake. There is no evidence that you can wash off a respiratory virus by flushing it into your stomach.
4. Use Filtered Water In Your Cooking
You may now have more time to play master chef, thanks to social distancing rules that are now being followed in most countries across the globe. Use this as an opportunity to use HomePure Nova filtered water while creating your delicacies. Going the extra mile to ensure the safety and health of your family will pay off in the long run.
Coronavirus And Water Etiquette
The most important and effective way to fight Coronavirus is what all scientific experts have been drilling into our heads since the virus first became public knowledge. Follow these steps regularly, and stay safe.
- Follow proper hand hygiene measures – wash your hands frequently, and for at least 30 seconds with soap and water.
- Switch off the taps while you’re washing your hands. Wasting water during these pandemic times is careless. Let’s still keep our sustainability and eco goals even while social distancing.
- Wash your utensils and cutlery for 20 seconds and longer as well. Disinfect as many surfaces as you can because being extra careful is going to go a long way.
Please follow the World Health Organisation’s Covid-19 Myth Busters page to stay up to date about Facebook and WhatsApp advice that is now debunked. Your safety, and that of your loved ones, is of utmost importance.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
23 hours ago
24 hours ago
4 days ago