Whether you have a large collection of watches or just one or two that you really love, it is still important to know how to take care of your watches and keep them running for years to come.
Here are 5 simple tips to make sure you get your time’s worth out of a great timepiece:
- If you have a manual mechanical watch (hand-wound), wind it every morning. The watch’s performance will be at its peak when it’s fully wound, not if it is running low on energy.
- Service mechanical watches at least every 3 to 5 years to have the mechanics checked and re-lubricated. The tiny parts inside the watch are under tremendous strain, so friction is their greatest enemy. Lubrication prevents the bearings from drying out and grinding away the steel parts.
- Avoid exposing your watch to extreme temperatures. Leaving your watch on the dashboard of your car or submerging it in a hot tub may shorten the battery life and damage internal components. Similarly, leaving the watch in extreme cold temperatures may cause irregular timekeeping. And moving constantly between extremely hot and cold temperatures will cause parts to constantly expand and contract, causing damage over time.
- Do not expose an analogue quartz watch to magnetism. It may temporarily stop working or gain or loose time.
- To maintain water-resistance, make sure the crown of the watch is firmly against the case. But also have your watch checked once a year for water-resistance. Condensation inside a watch is an indication that water-resistance has been affected.
Even the best quality Swiss made watches require care and maintenance and replacing a broken watch is much more costly than maintaining one you already have.
SEE ALSO: A Watch Strap Also Needs Proper Care
Follow us on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Physio Radiance Visage+ Is A Leap Into The Future Of Face Lifting! Wrinkles and sags on the neck are the most visible signs of ageing in men and women. You will see years disappearing from your face and neck. The Physio Radiance Visage+ along with the Physio Radiance Skin Care series are designed to slow down the ageing process and reduce wrinkles and fine lines! The only question we have is...When are you getting yours?
A post shared by QNET Official (@qnetofficial) on