There’s A Silent Killer All Around You – E-Smog
Do you often get a headache after using your cellular phone or computer for several hours? Do you feel unnervingly tired and just want to pass out after a day of answering emails and writing reports at work? These are only some of the effects that electronic pollution – known as electrosmog (E-smog) – has on our bodies.
Electrosmog or E-smog, refers to the large number of electromagnetic fields (EMF) present on the planet. The World Health Organisation (WHO) describes how the electromagnetic spectrum comes from both natural and human-made sources, and how we are exposed to different frequencies of EMF every day.
According to WHO, one of the most abundant sources which are classified as having the possibility to cause cancer, are our mobile cellular phones. While no conclusive evidence states that EMF produced by cellular phones directly trigger cancer cells, research organisations continue to consider the long-term usage of these devices as a serious risk, especially among younger generations who have been exposed to them at a much earlier age.
E-smog is also a known urban stressor, meaning it can negatively affect city dwellers’ physical and mental well being, because it disrupts our body’s natural energy levels. Numerous research studies have shown, that prolonged exposure to e-smog can cause changes to the body, which are irreversible and stress the system for long periods of time, and may constitute a health hazard.
One condition it has been said to be responsible for is electro-hypersensitivity (EHS), which symptoms include severe headaches and nausea, disruptive sleep patterns, chronic fatigue, erratic blood pressure, muscle and joint pain, cardiac palpitations, and depression.
Chronic exposure to even low levels of EMF have been concluded to impair immunity as well as contribute to conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and cardiovascular problems.
What can we do?
- E-smog is all around us, and completely avoiding contact with it is practically impossible. But we can reduce the damage it poses on our bodies by practising more caution around its numerous sources.
- Keep smart phones, mobile devices and other electronics away from your body. Carry your phone in a purse or a holster instead of keeping it inside your pockets. While taking a call, use the phone’s speaker function or a headset instead of placing it directly next to your ear.
- Turn your wi-fi router off before going to bed. Connect to LAN instead if you only need one device such as your PC to access the internet.
- Unplug electrical appliances when not in use. Reduce your dependence on microwave ovens, hair dryers, electric toothbrushes, electric blankets, heating pads and baby monitors.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and keep your immune system strong, by observing a nutritious, well-balanced diet, an exercising regularly.
- Invest in special accessories for your electronics, such as laptop radiation shields and EMF-blocking stickers and tablet cases.
QNET’s Amezcua line of products specialises in enhancing your energy levels, to promote a balanced lifestyle and improved body and mind. Amezcua offers internationally sought-after and revolutionary wellness products, such as Amezcua Bio Disc 3, and the everyday e-smog protectors Amezcua Chi Pendant 3 and the Amezcua E-Guard.
Follow us on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Repost from the awesome @pjcityfc ⚽⚽⚽🥅🥅🏟️🏟️ We played our first home game at Stadium MBPJ last night against Selangor. We took the lead by scoring the first goal and the end result was 1-1. To our fans that came to support us and signed up as our fan club member, we thank you! There will be more exciting news coming.. 🔥🔥🔥 #pjcityfc #msl2019 #ligasupermalaysia #malaysianfootball
A post shared by QNET Official (@qnetofficial) on