Get Ultimate Online Protection with Two-Factor Authentication
Your online security is and will always be our top priority. QNet constantly reviews its process and the latest technology to protect you from fraud and other online threats. As a result, on Thursday, 16 December 2010, we’re introducing a new tool to protect your Quest Account: Two-Factor Authentication, or 2FA for short.
What is Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
2FA is the industry standard for online banking transactions. When you use 2FA, you will need two independent authentication tools to access or transfer funds from your Quest Account – your Quest Account PIN and another Security Tool, which is called the Token.
How do I get the Token?
The Token, a 6-digit code, is generated by a device or sent via SMS:
- Software token – an application that is downloaded, installed and activated in your smart phone (iPhone, BlackBerry, etc)
- Hardware token* – a physical device that, when activated, generates a 6-digit code
- SMS* – an option to receive the code on phones with limited functions
Interested in 2FA?
Good news! If you’re interested in 2FA, starting from Thursday, 16 December 2010, we are offering you affordable subscription bundle prices, valid only until 31 January 2011!
- Software token – USD10 + FREE for first year subscription fee
After 31 January 2011, the prices of the tokens will be:
- Software Token – USD20 + USD20 annual subscription fee
To subscribe, simply go to your Virtual Office menu: My Transactions > Subscribe 2FA.
If you’d like to know more about 2FA, feel free to browse through the FAQs via: My Transactions > 2FA FAQ.
With 2FA being part of QNet’s online security system, you can rest assured that your online transactions are secure and your personal data are kept private and protected.