Start your day the healthy way!
A smoothie is one of the most nutritious and delicious meal options for the health-conscious, energetic individual! Fruit smoothies are fully-loaded with phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and fibre that do wonders for your health and help fortify your immune system against various diseases.
When fruits are blended in a smoothie, the plant fibres are broken down just like when you chew them meaning you absorb a lot more of the nutrients. And here’s another little secret—add one sachet of FibreFit and you get your daily dose of soluble fibre too!
There is nothing like a delicious breakfast smoothie in the morning to charge your body and boost your energy levels for a full, busy active day.
Perfect for the busy individual on the go, follow the recipe below for a delicious, nutritious low-fat strawberry banana smoothie to start your day the right way:
Strawberry Banana Smoothie (Makes 3 Servings)
- 300 ml low-fat milk (1%)
- 250 g hulled strawberries
- 1 peeled and roughly chopped banana
- 15 ml natural yogurt
- 1 sachet of FibreFit
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
Nutritional Information (one serving)
Calories: 137 l Calories from fat: 18 l Total fat: 2g l Cholesterol: 7mg l Sodium: 54mg l Total carbohydrate: 32.2g l Dietary fibre: 7.7g l Protein: 5.1g
Did you know?
- Strawberries contain a range of nutrients, including the most vital Vitamin C. Strawberries also provide an excellent source of Vitamin K and manganese, as well as folic acid, potassium, riboflavin, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, copper, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids. In addition to these beneficial nutrients, strawberries also contain significant levels of phytonutrients and antioxidants, which help fight free radicals that can damage our cells.
- A single banana contains an astounding 400 mg of potassium – one of the most important nutrients to keep your heart and nervous system healthy. Scientific studies from the American Heart Association, the University of Maryland Medical Center, and Colorado State University reveal that diets that are low in potassium often result in high blood pressure and an increased risk of stroke. The daily recommended amount of potassium can be easily obtained by eating one or two bananas each day.
- Besides being high in soluble fibre, FibreFit is high in calcium, which helps the development of strong bones and teeth. FibreFit is made from Gum Acacia, a natural plant source that is rich in prebiotics, which stimulate the growth and activity of beneficial bacteria within the intestinal flora. Prebiotics are crucial for overall pH balance and for maintaining a healthy digestive system.