As one of the first direct selling companies to embrace e-commerce, QNET has always sought to leverage technology and innovation in our mission to help individuals live better, fuller and more sustainable lives.
Yet, the realities of today’s digital-reliant world have made it more and more difficult to protect oneself from cybercrime. Hence, the importance of the QNET eKYC, an electronic process designed to keep our distributors and customers safe online.
What is eKYC
Essentially, eKYC or Electronic Know Your Customer, is a digital verification protocol to aid identification. KYC processes have long been employed by companies, particularly in the investment industry, to ensure that clients are actually who they say they are. And this is now being carried out remotely and digitally in various industries across the board.
In QNET’s case, eKYC allows us to quickly and efficiently authenticate the identities of customers and direct sellers and assess risks, identity theft and unauthorised online activities.
The Importance of Verification
Studies confirm that identity theft has risen sharply over the past few years, resulting in losses of billions of dollars. As such, security is the paramount reason for QNET having introduced eKYC. Additionally, authentication protocols have become mandatory for many businesses in compliance with regulatory requirements.
However, there is another reason for completing the QNET eKYC process, and that is it allows us at QNET to know our customers better, especially in terms of their choices of products and services, which, consequently, enables us to meet their needs better.
Who Should Verify Their Identities via QNET eKYC
At present, all active QNET direct sellers, or Independent Representatives (IRs), are required to submit and complete the QNET eKYC verification process, which will allow one to have full access to the Virtual Office (VO) and QNET Mobile App and all its features. An IR’s failure to get themselves verified will result in limited access to the Virtual Office and Mobile App.
Completing the Verification Process
Some individuals have been reluctant to comply with QNET’s eKYC, believing it to be complicated and cumbersome. However, it is actually relatively simple, with the whole process taking a mere two to three minutes of your time.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Have a valid ID (e.g. national ID, passport, driver’s licence, etc.) ready, and ensure that it is in the same name you used when you registered with QNET.
- Access the eKYC menu on your Virtual Office on the web or through the QNET Mobile App on your phone or mobile device.
- Select eKYC on the home page of your VO or navigate to the side panel of your Mobile App and select eKYC from the available options.
- Take a clear photo of your face, i.e. a selfie.
- Take a clear photo of your valid ID.
- Tap submit, upon which the system will verify the documents’ authenticity and check for any mismatched information against your QNET registration details. Authentication usually takes less than a minute, with the results on your device’s screen.
- Once your KYC verification is COMPLETED, you will see a KYC VERIFIED badge visible in your account upon login to the Virtual Office and Mobile App.
What If My Submission Is Rejected?
As easy as the QNET eKYC verification process is, submissions can sometimes get declined. This is normal, and there are usually several possible reasons why this occurs. Nevertheless, QNET’s Global Support Team is always available to assist in these situations. Simply get in touch with them at email@example.com for any enquiries.
Your Security is Important to Us
QNET is the world’s leading e-commerce-powered direct selling company. Thus, the digital security of everyone associated with us is of prime importance.
So, if you haven’t already, go ahead and complete your verification process. And help us help you and your customers stay safe.